- What is it about?
- What are the key issues?
- How can HighTech Europe help?
- Where else can I get support?
|Introduction|| This stage is dedicated to have a large and accurate view of the market you are targeting, and how you are going to reach it.
The commercial environment basically includes customers & their behaviour (market segmentation), products of the competitors & their position, and relationships between all of them.
A good market study should point out the strengths and weaknesses of such a market, providing you opportunities to penetrate the market. It is the base for defining your marketing strategy (niche etc.).
|Key issues|| - What are the existing products/services available on the market? Especially, where is your product placed in this concept (replacing a product because of cheaper prices, higher added value product, etc)?
- Do you have any information about your competitors on this specific market?
- Are there any specific trends about forthcoming solutions?
- What adaptation costs are the clients ready/able to pay regarding the performances ?
- Marketing plan with budget? (market segmentation, entry strategy, favourite distribution channels, communication, etc.)
- Consumers’ acceptance towards innovation
|Food TIP's answers|| On this website (Food Tech Innovation Portal), you can find in the Technology section some information (if available) about the consumer acceptance regarding the described technologies.
Additionally, some of the Practical Innovation Sheets can be helpful: Communication strategy, Consumer attitudes, Social media marketing, Porter five forces analysis, SWOT Analysis, Business Plan, Co-creation, Target Group , Benchmarking
|Other sources|| - Marketing Innovation Tool: http://www.tpo.de/onli/
- Food safety in Europe: http://ec.europa.eu/food/food/index_en.htm European Commission Portal on Food safety (food law and regulations, labelling…) (available on main EU languages)
- ENFFI Tool box: http://tools.braboventures.com/enffi/ Food sector specific tools to facilitate the access to the financing process (but providing also information related to technical, legal and marketing issues)