- What is it about?
- What are the key issues?
- How can HighTech Europe help?
- Where else can I get support?
|Introduction|| The best idea has no value if it doesn’t reach the market. Besides the technical specifications of your product, the marketing aspects must be secured.
As a first stage, you should define your angle of attack: are you aiming at a process innovation (reduced costs of production) or a product innovation (with higher performance than your competitors), or a service innovation (improved global quality and better understanding of the customers’ expectations)?
The point here is to analyse whether there is a place for your product on the market, and where it is.
Another approach consists in doing a benchmark and looking for unexplored market opportunities/ niches you can technologically address. You will then need to prevent your competitors from entering your market niche.
|Key issues|| - Who are the target clients (= customers)? What trends are relevant for the technology? => What is approximately the market segment(s) you are aiming for?
- Who are the competitors (including reactivity)?
- Who are the suppliers? What are their relationships with competitors?
- What are the basic characteristics of the market environment (relationships between suppliers and customers; ethical, legal and social aspects; etc.)
- What is the consumers’ acceptance towards innovation in this sector?
|Food TIP's answers||On this website (Food Tech Innovation Portal), you can find in the Technology section some information, when available, on the consumers aspects related to the described technologies.|
|Other sources|| - Marketing Innovation Tool: http://www.tpo.de/onli/
- Food safety in Europe: http://ec.europa.eu/food/food/index_en.htm European Commission Portal on Food safety (food law and regulations, labelling…) (available on main EU languages)
- ENFFI Tool box: http://tools.braboventures.com/enffi/ Food sector specific tools to facilitate the access to the financing process (but providing also information related to technical, legal and marketing issues)